Institute of Policy and Management (IPAM) is upgraded on the basis of achievements of The Centre for Policy Studies and Analysis (CEPSTA) – one of the most successful researching and training institute, which belongs to the University of Social Sciences and Humanities (USSH).In 1991, with the support of USSH, Prof,Dr. Vu Cao Dam and his colleges founded ”Sociology/Social studies of policy, science and technology program”. After 10years of developing, in 2001, Prof,Dr. Vu hold a sociological conference about Environment with the help of The Science and Technology Ministry and decided to change the program’s name into ” Social studies of Environment and Development Program”.In the meantime, the relationship between Rosa Luxembourg Institute (RLS) and USSH were established with the university’s board assigning the program to corporate with RLS.
- Training and change learners’ mindset about interaction process between creative thinking and active learning.
- Researching and implimenting, finding advanced solutions in policy adjustment and management activities.
- Supplying various scientific services: collecting and providing information about management policy, consulting activities to push on improvement of organizations as per order.
- IPAM – a combination of training, researching and service providing – is built on a well preparation on human, finance, technology and other (material) resources, with a clear vision/orientation of short – term and long – term development strategies.
- IPAM’s goal is to become an effective think – tank, takes part in domestic and international Policy and Management forums; make a valuable contribution to social construction process.
- IPAM insists on commitment in operation and co – operation. All IPAM’s members are committed to be given chances to study, do research and work in a dynamic and professional working environment.
+ Providing short management courses for managers in different levels/different audiences in Policy and Management sector.
+ Providing international education courses in cooperate with foreign partners, functioning as a member in those interdisciplinary education courses of Policy and Management.
+ Conducting research on Policy Analysis and Making methods, comparing Policy system of different nations in region and all over the world.
+ Translating and Publishing publications on Policy studying or programs, strategies, models about policy operating and managing of all levels in variety organizations.
+ Participating and deploying international projects in Policy Analysis and Making sector.
- Science and technology service
+ Consulting, training, science and technology information, conference/seminar planner, co – operating on public policy, public management, science and technology policy and management sectors both domestically and internationally.
Our logo is the stylized image of Winner diagram – control systems process (one way is control information and the other is feedbacks), implying a message “each policy needs to be widely known and criticized by target citizen”. It also emphasizes the interaction among 3 different operating sectors of IPAM on the way to perfect the “think – tank” model.